Ever since I was younger, I have had a passion for makeup. Not only does makeup highlight one’s true beauty, but it allows for an immense amount of creativity. Whether one is trying out a Halloween look, following a TikTok trend or creating a ‘full glam’ look – makeup can be used by anyone and for any reason.
However, if you’re like me – a broke college student who refuses to spend countless dollars on high-end makeup – then drugstore makeup is the perfect alternative. Although some may feel that drugstore makeup is not the best quality or does not last as long as more experience products, the truth is that there are a variety of cheaper products that have both amazing quality and last long, you just have to find them! Luckily for our generation, TikTok is a great tool to use when researching the best drugstore makeup products, for influencers are constantly showing and promoting their makeup finds!
Below are five drugstore makeup products I absolutely love:
NYX Professional Makeup: The Brow Glue (Extreme Hold Eyebrow Gel, Clear) (~ $8.99)
- If I had to pick one area of my face that I spend the most time on when applying makeup, it would definitely be my eyebrows! I am constantly trying new eyebrow gels, and I have not found one I like as much as this NYX product. Not only does it give your eyebrows a laminated look, but it’s also quick and easy to use! The product is also transparent, non-sticky once dried and lasts for hours.
Wet n Wild Bare focus Tinted Hydrator (~ $5.29)
- I have also tried a variety of foundations and tinted moisturizers; however, I struggled in the past to find one that feels light coverage but also covers all blemishes needed. This tinted hydrator by Wet n Wild does just that! Once applied, the hydrator will feel light on your face (not too heavy or “cakey”), and it also covers any blemishes, pimples and redness. The product is also very easy to blend – a quality needed in any foundation/moisturizer.
Milani Baked Blush (~ $10.99)
- For some reason, blush does not normally last long on my face after it’s applied. However, when my friend suggested the Milani Blush, and I tried it, not only did it stay on for hours, but it was also very pigmented!
Elf Hydrating Camo Concealer (~ $7.00)
- I just recently bought the Elf Hydrating Camo Concealer, and I love it! I am a huge fan of the Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape, and this concealer can definitely be considered a dupe! Although it might not have the exact quality, it’s full coverage and lasts long. It also doesn’t crease, at least in my experience using it.
L’Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara (~$10.99)
- I am sure most makeup users have tried the L’Oreal Paris Telescopic Mascara, but if you haven’t, you are missing out! I would say I have medium-length eyelashes, but this mascara enhances their length without them looking clumpy.
The above are just a few of my all-time favorite drugstore makeup products, and if you haven’t tried them out, I encourage you to do so! As I mentioned above, if you’re looking for more cheap makeup suggestions, TikTok is a great place to look – I search TikTok at least once a week for some recommendations!